Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Million Dollar Idea - foiled again!!

I don't particularly enjoy working for "the man" - and I am always thinking up great ideas that will free me from the golden handcuffs that tie me to my corporate job.  I have a lot of these ideas, and there is that exhilarating (but short) period time when I think I have finally come up with my million dollar idea....until I GOOGLE it, and learn that someone else has already done it. 

A few days ago, I was taking a shower, and I realized that I was out of shampoo - I mean completely out.  I looked at my beautiful bar of organic olive oil soap and thought "why not?".   So, I lathered up and washed my hair with it, and followed with conditioner (which I seem to have lots of).  Well, if I do say so myself, my hair turned out just fine..... so, it got me thinking....Solid shampoo!  What a great idea, there is no waste in packaging, it is easy to transport, and there is no need for a lot of the nasty chemicals and preservatives they use to make liquid shampoo, well, liquid. 

So, I ran (still wrapped in my towel with my hair dripping wet) to my computer and did a search.....and like most of my other great ideas, someone has already done it.  Actually, LUSH has a whole line of solid shampoos and conditioners (no, I am not being paid for mentioning them here).  So, I immediately sent "Santa" aka, my hubby, a note with links to what I think will be terrific stocking stuffers.  I can't wait until Christmas morning to give them a try. 

But all is not lost, I may still have an idea here after all...the Lush products still have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in them (in my "green" pursuits I have learned that it is something you may want to avoid - but that's a topic for another post).  So, now I just have to figure out how to make it without any nasty chemicals - and I can retire from my day job!  In the meantime, I will be happy that my shampoo now comes without a bottle, and I can at least feel good about that!

I'll let you know if Santa delivers.  (Just noticed that Santa left the shipping confirmation on the printer.... so I am pretty sure they will be in my stocking come Christmas morning)..... yippeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment