Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Please Excuse my Absence, but life's been busy!

Please accept my humble apologies for not posting in so long..... but as it sometimes does, life got in the way.  I haven't posted in about 3 months, I lost focus and was in "survival" mode.....now that I feel I have things somewhat under control, I hope to start blogging again!

The last few months have been very busy here in our household - our caregiver of 4 years moved on, and I had to get the application process started to bring another caregiver into Canada (let me tell you, the process is not an easy one - a month of evenings was spent filling out the paperwork!!).  So for the last few months, hubby and I have been flying solo with 2 full time jobs, a house, and the kids to take care of (I know, millions of families do this without the benefit of the kind of help I have - but it took some time for us to get adjusted.... and it meant fun things like my blog had to be temporarily put on hold while I took care of the endless piles of laundry).   We have been piecing together childcare as best we can.... and have at least another 3 months before our new caregiver arrives. So, although I hope to start blogging again, it will probably still be somewhat sporadic for the next several months. 

I have also been working very hard on my New Year's Resolutions, hubby and I have been on a diet since June 1, and I am happy to report that we have each lost about 25 pounds!  So, I am quite proud of the work we have done - but I will get into the details of that later.  In the process of losing weight, I learned that I am gluten-intolerant - which explains why I have been feeling so poorly for the last few years.  Needless to say, while I have been figuring out our new way of eating, inspiration on the cooking and baking front has been rather limited!!!

I have also been working on my New Year's Resolution to find a job that I love.  First things first, I had to get my resume in order - that was no easy task! I haven't found a new job yet, like I said, I like my job, I just don't LOVE it - so I have been very particular about the positions I apply for.  But now that my resume is up to date, at least I will be ready to apply for that great job, once the right opportunity presents itself. 

So, overall, I am quite pleased with the progress I have been making on my goals for this year.  The only ones that has slid a little are the "laugh more" and "yell less" ones - sadly without the domestic help I used to have and the stress of all the added paperwork and the childcare shuffle over the last several months (not to mention the diet!) I have been a little crankier than usual. 

Anyhow Girlfriends, keep on keeping on.  I'll try laughing more and yelling less, even in the face of never ending laundry, and meal preparation......(I love to cook, but I don't like feeling CHAINED to the kitchen!). 

Hopefully we will chat again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment